Sunday 26 March 2006

Taking a Break

Good Afternoon all and a Happy Mothers Day to You, as you will see from my graphic I will be taking a break over the next week or so.  Tomorrow we are of first thing to Ullapool for a Spring Break Ha-Ha. Its been a long winter and its nice to have a break at this time of year if the sun can shine in can be very pleasant.  We have stayed in this hotel before and it is very cosy with log fires in the sitting room.  When we were there last year the weather was great so we can only hope after all the rain in the last few days it will dry up a bit. 

The week after we come home I don't know how much time I will have as the house will be in a state of disarray was we are at last having double glazing put in throughout the house. We have been thinking of doing this for a long time and kept putting off the big spend but I am sure it will be worth it. I will get all my spring cleaning done when they are finished so that will be that job done. 

I will try to keep up with reading all your journals when I get back but the days when the workmen are here I'm not sure if I will be able to compute. Well I better go now and finish my packing I usually take too much but I have a big case to fill. Have a good week and I speak to you when I can. Love        

       

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope you will be, as we are, happy with the double glazing.

Anonymous said...

Your graphic is lovely ,so off you go ,have a lovely time ,get yourself fit for all that spring cleaning when you get back ,I hope you and Stuart have a lovely time ,............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a good time Joan; I will look forward to the pics as I think, after recent events, it will be the closest we will get to Scotland this year!! Loads of love, Joan

Anonymous said...

Joan I hope you will both have a lovely break ~ The hotel sounds very cosy ~ lets hope the weather stays good for you ~ Good luck with the double glazing and the Spring cleaning when you get back ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I hope you take lots of pictures for us.  I have heard tell that Ullapool is the undiscovered Scotland.  Your hotel sounds wonderful.  Have a great time. Sounds like your work will start when you get home..
Dawn          

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful holiday Joan, will look forward to your return.
Sylvia xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  Have a lovely holiday and I`ll look forward to hearing from you when you get back.  I have to say that having double glazing fitted was one of the best things we`ve ever have done to the house, well worth the expense! :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away Joan...fond memories of Ullapool,look forward to pictures.
Hope the weather remains good or you.
We are still looking at Scotland/Wales.
Aileen....X

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation.... wish I were going with you... :) It is not Mothers day here until sometime in May. Usually by then our weather is a lot nicer too and Fathers day is in June so its always been a time for a picnic..... and we all make the men cook. LOL Sandra

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Joan, I hope the sun shines for you. Hope you can take some photos to show us when you return and are all cleaned up! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely trip and can't wait to hear all about it :-)  Glad your getting double glazing you will certainly feel the difference I'm sure xx