Saturday 2 September 2006

Satuarday Musings.

                

                

Good Afternoon, after all the lovely weather we have been having lately the rain has caught up with us today, it is not just as heavy as it is in the graphic its just gentle rain that is falling.  I did not know what I was going to write about today until just five minutes ago.  I was chatting to Stuart in the lounge when I saw neighbours out in the rain across the road and being a nosey parker I watched to see what was going on.  When I saw our neighbour with a chain saw in his hand I knew what was going to happen. A tree was about to be chopped down.  It was a beautiful 30 foot high Rowan Tree in full leaf and covered in berries.  It only took about five minutes to fell this lovely tree.  I know it was blocking the house's light but if only they had left it till the winter.  The berries we hanging like grapes all lovely and red and ready to feed the birds for a good long while.  It is so sad to see a tree of that calibre being felled I could have wept.  We have been in this house for sixteen year and it was a good size when we came so it must have been there for about 20 years that's how long the houses have been here.  Twenty and more years to grow and felled in five minutes.                                                                   So on this very sad afternoon I will say goodbye and hope you have a good Saturday.
Thank you D's Design for the graphic that goes with the weather and my mood now.    
                                       Love,

                                                  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joan how sad that tree is now gone ~ 20 years of growth and felled in 5 minutes ~ really feed sad with you ~ you will miss having the pleasure of looking at it every day and the birds will miss there winter snack from it too ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

that should read Feel not feed ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I hate to see trees felled, it breaks my heart.  Here am I wishing my Rowan would grow and they have felled theirs.  There was no need because it could have been heavily pruned next Spring.  As for blocking their light, soon the leaves will fall after the birds have eaten all the berries, so they could have waited.  Trees mean nothing to some people and.....trees help our environment by soaking up some of the pollution.  How sad, I would have cried.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

It is a shame to see a perfectly healthy tree cut down like that. Pruning in the spring would have been a much better idea.
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

Why fell a tree when it is perfectly healthy? Strange people, surely a good prune would have done the trick, but then pruning is not as easy as getting a chain saw to the tree!!

Anonymous said...

too bad they just couldn't do a bit of trimming... I wonder if they will regret it... Hope your having a nice day in spite of the rain, Sandra

Anonymous said...

I'm surrounded by Trees, and get angry when children just swing on branches and break them. when I ask them to stop, they look at me in amazement...and ask why?...I try to explain, that the tree took years to grow etc. Allan's next door neighbour has just chopped a similar Tree down..very sad.
Aileen....X

Anonymous said...

Awww that's a shame - why couldn't they have just taken a few branches off instead??  

Anonymous said...

That's sad, I'd never cut a tree right down like that. They could have lopped it and gained more light. Rowans are so pretty. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

HI Joan,

Sorry to hear about the tree being felled.

Not that it matters now but, when they began to fell trees in my local park, some years ago, I protested for there was nothing wrong with the trees.  

It is the first time that I have been rude in public.

That said, it did the trick for there were no more trees felled in the park.

John.