Sunday 1 June 2008

June is busting out all over, maybe

The Cuckoo comes in April,

                    He Sings his song in May,

                    He whistles a tune in June,

                    And then he flies away

                    William Hazitt.

Good afternoon, we have a book in the lounge sitting open on a cast iron stand (the kind for a cookery book) its called:

               Island,

        Diary of a year on Easdale

             by Garth and Vicky Waite.

The book is lovely it is all superbly illustrated by the authors and written like a diary with a different little painting a poem or just what happened that day, we keep it open at the date and have look every day the poem above is today's offering along with some lovely painting of birds and wild flowers. It is just not the kind of book you want to keep shut away  in the bookcase it is far too beautiful for that. I will try to take a picture of it to let you see it one day soon.

It has been a lovely weekend and we have been out enjoying the garden getting the hanging baskets ready the grass has been cut and everything is looking great.  The weather forecast was right today it must be a first saying it would rain about 12 o'clock  well it was a bit late but it is raining now but thankfully we managed to get all we wanted done.

I am feeling much more like myself again the sun can do wonders for you when it shines. I hope the time slows down a bit now as I hate summer to fly by its the 1st of June already being on holiday for two weeks in May makes the month disappear so quickly.

June means Big Brother I suppose I will give it a look now and again but I do object to Channel 4 taking Desperate Housewives off till BB is finished it was months late in starting this year with the writers strike in the States but there is no reason to take if off again just when it was getting good. Mump over.

We had a nice day trip on Thursday we went to Stirling on the bus good for the environment and out pocket as we go free just joking we really like on the bus you can see over all the hedges and walls and Stuart enjoys seeing all the countryside as he usually does most of the driving and has to keep his eyes on the road. It was dull when we lift home but by the time we arrived in Stirling the sun was out and we had a lovely day. Off now to upday my book journal as I have just finished another book so I think that's about it for today, till next time.. Love

                          

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your book sounds lovely Joan ~ you will have to give us it's poem daily I enjoyed the one about the Cuckoo ~ The weather here has been pretty awful not nice enough to get out in the garden ~ Hope Summer decides to come here soon ~ glad you are feeling better and you enjoyed your Bus Ride to Stirling ~ you are right about saving some money not taking the car ~ the price of Petrol is ridiculous ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I would really like to see a picture of your book Joan ,sounds lovely ,yes after a lovely warm  Summer day yesterday its dull and cold today ...love Janxx

Anonymous said...

Just catching up after my break .Red hot here too Joan yesterday. I was in the garden all day long doing jobs.Rain Rain Rain today.Not to worry saves me watering what I planted he-he.Your book sounds lovely.I am so happy you feel much better,the sun does perk us up doesn't it? Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http;//journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  I`m glad the weather is much better up there, it has been rather wet down South but today hasn`t been too bad. You`re right when you say the sun makes you feel better, I find my spirits soar on a lovely sunny day. I fear we won`t be having too many of them, not this week at least. :o( My bedding is all in now and my baskets are doing well, all we need is some sun and the flowers will be lovely. I`m glad you enjoyed your ride to Stirling and you could both enjoy the scenery, it must make all the difference to the journey, especially for Stuart. :o)


Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you've had some sunny weather Joan!  It's been warm here, although a bit cloudy!  I love taking coach tours with my Todd.  That way he gets to enjoy the scenery as well, instead of driving.  We get to enjoy it together.  I am not a fan of Big Brother, or reality television in general.  I find it quite boring.  I'd rather watch Desperate Housewives any day!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your book sounds delightfull and well displayed as well.   Looking forward to seeing a picture of it.   Glad you are feeling better to be able to have a good outing to Stirling.    A free ride makes the trip even better.         Dawn