Thursday 8 November 2007

Winter is here.

    

                             

Thank you Donna for this design.

As you will have seen on the news at tea time high winds have been battering the north of Scotland today, we have not been too bad just enough to blow leaves and dustbins about but very cold in the wind. Tonight Stuart is watching football which is taking place in Aberdeen and it has been snowing it has been forecast but it came as a surprise just the same. Many Years ago when we were first married Stuart had to work in Aberdeen for six months and he said its the coldest place in the world.
Have not been too great these past few weeks as I am still struggling to come off my HRT, if I had know it was going to be as bad as this I would never have started taking it in the first place. If I get one good night a week I am doing well I ended up the other night doing a crossword puzzle in the kitchen at three o'clock  I am totally fed up with the whole thing. When I was at the clinic three weeks ago the doctor said I could go back on if I wanted to but I know in about six months she will be asking me to stop again and I will have to go through it all again it takes a long time to stop as it has to be done bit by bit. I have been trying since the beginning of this year and stopped altogether in July but am still not feeling better I am at the end of my tether. Sorry to be ranting like this but I am so fed up just now I don't know what to do or to try .
On to cheerier things I managed to get from Amazon the last Tomb Raider game made for my old Playstation 1 so that will keep me occupied in the winter months and we have bought a new word game (Scrabble Blast)  which is good fun so we are sorted if the weather keeps us in as lot.
That's about it for just now so until next time. Love
                                             
Joan.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pic of the goddess Hekate!!!  Its been very windy here in Burnley today, thought I would get blown into orbit when I went out for the paper this morning. Its a clear sky tonight so I expect low temperatures, in fact the grit wagon has just gone up our street. I really should bring all my geraniums indoors now.
Am glad Ive never been on HRT, seems to cause more bother than the change does, from what I have heard and read. Anyway, hope you can get off it soon. Does Evening Primrose oil help?
Love,  Cathy.  xx

Anonymous said...

It's turned pretty cold here tonight too Joan.I have been told we are in for high winds at the week/end.Something I hate is the wind. I would rather have deep snow than wind.I never fancied taking HRT and I have managed without it ok!! I have heard so many people tell me of bad experiances about it,so I am sorry I cannot help you on that one,only say I do sympathise with you.t was vey hard for me to come of antidepressants when I had been on them ten yrs.But i did it in the end.I still do get down the odd time,but I wouldn't go back on them for anything.People say it's silly ,but i am me and I know my own body.I am a poor sleeper though and I too am up all hours of the night at times,just lieke you 2am 3am 4am.so I know the feeling.This last couple of nights though I have slept until turned five,which has been a wonderful feeling.I hope you can soon feel much better.Enjoy your new games this winter time Brrrr!! LOL!!Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It seems we are going to be storm battered tonight and the flood warningsa are all over the news.

Hope you start feeling better soon nothing worse than interupted sleep.
It seems though you'll have the new Lara Croft game to keep you occupied on these cold winter nights.

Take Care

Love Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Its turned very cold here too and there are flood warninmgs tonight for the East  coast,not so much from the rain but the winds and tides the worst is expected at 7 tomorrow morning ,we are too far inland  thankgoodness,You do sound down which is unusual for you ,I hope things feel better for you soon ..love Jan xx,

Anonymous said...

Its starting to get cold here too. snow was in the forcast the other day but we didn't get it yet. the leaves are almost off the trees now and our yard work is just about finished. I put my summer clothes away for the winter and am now into my warm sweaters and fleece. Hope you can get some good sleep soon
Sandra

Anonymous said...

That's why i wouldn't go onto HRT it just seemed like everyone who stopped taking it then had the hot flushes etc.  I thought i would just get it over and done with rather than defer it to later.  I take Menopace a multivitamin with a little bit of soya in i find it helps a bit.  I certainly know when i haven't taken it for a few weeks.  Keep strong.  
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I'm going through the menopause au naturel! I don't like messing with nature, surely these hot flushes will stop some day or maybe I'll just melt and end up as a little puddle! I just know I'm gonna freeze in Scotland, I'm going to start packing my wooly jumpers and thermal gloves! Enjoy your new games! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

You have just confirmed to me that HRT is not for me!  I wouldn't take it anyways because of my family history of Breast Cancer, and thankfully so far I don't have that many problems with the menopause.  BRRRR... snow!  It did get alot colder here yesterday and it rained in sheets last night for a time, with some strong winds,but happy to say all is calm out there this morning
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

not cold here ;)
poor you coming off any drug is hard

Anonymous said...

Joan it is freezing cold here ~ with high winds and flood warnings along the coast from Gt Yarmouth ~ thousands of people were evacuated from their homes last night ~ so sorry you are having problems coming off HRT ~ and think you are wise not to go back on it ~ Glad you managed to get Tomb Raider game ~ nice to know you will have something to keep you occupied on those cold winter nights ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I was taken off HRT years ago - but still suffer from raging sweats - especially evening/night. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.
Love Sylvia x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan I am so sorry you are having such a bad time comming off the HRT.  I was on it for 10 years and it was the making of me as I had always suffered each month with the "scats" as my husband called them and dreadful pain.  HRT was a miricle for me, When I came off it I was dreading the thought but I was O.K. I do get the sweats at night sometime but that is all.  I think you should talk to your doctor again, maybe you could do with a small dosage to keep you going. Anyway we can't we have it forever if we want to. If we are better on it we should have it as long as we like.  Take care Kathie.