Tuesday 8 January 2008

What a horrible day.

                                                                                                                          

Castle Howard.

Good Afternoon, glad to say Stuart is much better today and really looking forward to having his tooth removed on Thursday ha ha.

The weather up here today has been horrible cold and pouring rain, the snow that I took the pictures of yesterday on the hills has all but gone. We had a shower of snow this morning and it melted and then froze over making the roads and pavements treacherous until the pavement and the roads were salted. After lunch the rains came so that was us in for the day.

Its me again with my free DVD’s this week it is the complete ‘Brideshead Revisited’ so I thought as I had not seen it in 1981 when it came out and being a period piece it would not be dated I thought I would give it a go and see if it was worth sending for the set. We sat down today cosy with a coffee and watched part 1. It is so OTT we giggled all the way through it was great really enjoyed it will have to get the rest of it. It is very well made and the acting is superb and no adverts to break up the storyline. What a wonderful way to spent a horrible afternoon, or am I just getting old and am easily pleased. Till next time (Taggart Tonight) Love

Joan.

Yes I admit I am a bit of a TV addict in the winter.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know I have never ever seen Taggart

Anonymous said...

You will not be disapointed Joan, I loved Brideshead when it was first on TV and I would watch it now. I won`t be collecting thr DVD`s because I can`t get into town every day but I wish I could get them some other way. What a shame about your lovely snow, but how dangerous the icy roads can be.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Our weather is just terrible here too. It warmed up for the Jan thaw but its been raining too, even thunder storms yesterday. the snow is melting and I hope it stops because this isn't very good for the plants with the freezing and thawing again and again. I just wish the sun would come out again. but its good day to read and watch tv too. Hope your day is good or is it evening already for you there.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am with you there Joan between my books and the tele ,everything else is a necessary evil lol until the warmer weather comes ,pleased your snow has gone ,shame it has to be replaced by rain ,good luck to Stuart and his tooth extraction ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm collecting the Brideshead revisited set too the daily mail has good offers like that the last one was the woman of substance, (did you ever read the books).
sorry to hear the weathers still poor, bet Stuart can't wait to have his tooth out!!
Take care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Dear Joan,

There is horrible weather here in Wales too.  The rain's pouring as I type this now.  I think the T.V scheduling in better in the winter time, although there are lots of repeats!  I don't know what I shall watch now "Strictly Come Dancing" and "The X Factor" have finished.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan it's been on and off rain here today.Not realy heavy,but quite windy again.I am happy to read Stuart is much better.It will be all over with for the weekend.Lets hope the weathers bright then and you can enjoy a nice ride out again.Brideshead reveisted I have never watched.When I go to the newsagents they always tell me they have no dvd's left which I get realy annoyed about. LOL!.I was going tot write to the paper, but if you read it does state only until stocks last or something to that affect.So I best get up and go at 5am lol!!I think all the woking men must grab them for there wives when they go to work early mornings.LOL!!I often do not call until about 11am to get the paper.Rooster likes the Mirror for the sport,so he gets that early morning.I gave lots and lots of free dvd's away just before Christmas,I could have set ashop up LOL!! to a young couple from Skipton who have just bought  a flat here.They have two small children and he was delighted.A full set of Enid Blyon story books and other ladybird ones.etc.Keeps them busy when they come over here he said,LOL!!Taggart is good I may watch in, it depends what other things I get into.Take Care Have a lovely evening God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We had horrivble weather here yesterday as well, lots of rain and wind!  Oh I do hate this part of winter!
love,
marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/