Friday 9 December 2005

      

                             

                                  

 

Today Stuart and I have been to Nursery School to see our Granddaughter Ellen in here Christmas Concert.  She is 4 1/2 years old and a real gem. When we arrived this morning at school we could see in the window that Ellen was not an Angel as she was supposed to be. When Lisa (Daughter in-law) saw her teacher she asked how things were as Ellen had said at breakfast she was not singing today.  The teachers said she had been fine but had fallen over and split her lip, however after chocolate had been administered she was OK.  When the nursery classes came out she was all dress and was standing in the front.  The very first song of the morning was sung solo by Ellen it was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star all 4 verses all alone and perfect.  By the time she was finished I was searching for a hankie.  The concert consist of all singing about 12 songs some solo some by the whole class. They were all brilliant. We had a really great time. Richard has made a video of it so we will get to see it again.  By next Christmas she will be up in the big school. It seems no time at all since she was having her very first Christmas.

When we came out of our concert the weather was appalling and still foggy and raining so it was in to Tesco's for a shopping and home to the warm house. That's about all for today other than for Joan's benefit threes a new Taggart tonight (Know she loves it really). So Bye for now, Love  

                               

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know all about the hanky ,I would have been doing the same ,Yes its funny I associate Taggert with our other Joan !!I shall watch it ;wonder if there will be a mudder? lol              Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Nice one Joan!!! Was listening to the Proclaimers earlier as well!!! On a serious note, I do love the Scots accent!! Have you heard on the news that someone is being threatened with an ASBO for playing the Bagpipes!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the Concert- it's lovely to hear the little ones sing.
Preffered Taggart before the Original one passed away(a long time ago)
We've had a foggy/frosty day in South Yorkshire
Aileen...X

Anonymous said...

I feel very sad this year, my litttle Holly has only been given 2 tickets for her school play, so nanny and grandad wont be able to go.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Little ones singing has to be one of the sweetest sounds of the season.
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Joan I bet you are so proud of Ellen she has done so well at 4 1/2 to sing Solo..and you have videoed it as well, so can watch as many time as you like...
We had fog yesterday - I hate driving when you can't see properly....have a lovely weekend and take care...Ally

Anonymous said...

Christmas concerts are such a joy. I remember when I was there watching out for my two little sons, usually with tea-towels on their heads.  My eldest son Jonny once amazed me by keeping quiet about the fact that he had the starring role in the prodigal son. He came on to the stage (9years old) wearing a top-hat and a cut down tail-coat (modern version of the play) and proceeded to sing and dance for the next half-hour.  I almost had to be carried out. No, he hasn't gone on to be an actor.  He is something in the city.  Last week his own little son Ben was a swan in his Christmas play, they live in politically correct Islington. So shepherds have taken a back seat.  Sadly tickets were strictly rationed and I couldn't be there.  Ellen sounds a real little poppet.  Enjoy your Christmas Joan.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Ellen's play went okay :-)  She sounds like a right little trooper!!