Sunday 23 July 2006

Yes We will

                                              Good Afternoon hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. We decided to go yesterday and get our new beds.  They are being delivered on Tuesday so not too long to go.  I was given free linen and quilts for them but that will not be here till the 12th August the salesman wanted to deliver everything together then, but I was not willing to wait that long for the beds so we will pick up the linen ourselves when it comes in.  We have big drawers in the bed we have now and we are hoping they will fit OK under the new bed as they charge about £90 for a drawer for a pine bed which I think this is a bit much.  We may have to do a bit of adapting but I think we will manage OK.  Slept a bit better last night as Stu slept downstairs on sofa to let me get some sleep and it worked fine.  This house seems to be so warm this summer what with the double glazing and the cavity wall isolation we put in we are cooking. I think this is the hottest summer I can remember.  We love sitting in the garden but have had to give that up during the afternoon even under the brolly it is too hot.  Still not complaining better not or we may never see the sun again.  Well this item completes my first year of journaling never thought when I started that I would still be here one year on. They did an item on the news this morning about journals and the average time for someone to keep a journal is 4 months so I am doing really well and so are some on you too who have been writing much longer than me. The golf does not seem to have come alive today nobody challenging Tiger, so its a bit of a bore I like a bit of tension. Well I had better go and make some food for my starving hubby watching golf makes you hungry lol. Hospital appointment for me tomorrow Audiology so nothing to worry about just not hearing my best at the moment.  My neighbour was complaining about a party last night that was a bit loud in someone's garden but lucky me did not hear a thing, that the one good thing about being deaf they can have their parties an I never hear them and with Stuart being downstairs last night he never heard it either as he was at the front of the house. Speak to you later have a good evening. LoveDonna's Design thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah so you bit the bullet I dont blame you at all ,you can cope with most things if you can get a good nights sleep ,that was a good deal getting the quilts and linen too ,Happy Aniversary Joan ,keep it up I think I must have read every entry,you have done and enjoyed them dear ,well done ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

We've cooked as well, again thanks to the cavity wall stuff and the loft stuff!!! I thought it was supposed to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter!!!
August the 12th is when I am due to pick up my car, LOL!!! As it is the same date as your beds it must be a good sign as we seem to do things in parallel, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Joan glad you are getting your beds so soon ~ and what a good deal getting the linen and quilts free ~ hope you can fit the drawers OK ~ you can store such a lot away in them ~ I agree it has been to hot to sit in the garden even Nin and Barney want to stay indoors in the cool ~ congrats on keeping your journal going for a year ~ I love both of yours ~ see Tiger won the Golf ~ handy being deaf sometimes so you can't hear the noise from the party my Mother used to say exactly the same thing lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

hi Joan...

pleased your getting your new beds and free bedding too and  thats not too long to wait for delivery12th Aug...I also love reading your journal and hope you keep on journaling too! love your graphics Joan! Have a great week, Best wishes and take care!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good deal getting free linens and quilts with  the beds.  I think this has been a hot summer everywhere.  Very hot and humid here in Massachusetts too.  Congrats on your first year anniversary.        Dawn