Friday 14 July 2006

You are not so young now Joan.

                   

Good Morning J-Land seems like a long time since i updated my journal so here goes.... Monday we were at St Andrews as usual nothing out of the usual happened the town itself was very busy with all the Americans and Japanese tourists that love to visit this lovely city. We had a walk up to the castle and abbey ruins and guess what I had left the camera in the car will try next time for some pictures of St Andrews Historic sites. Tuesday was looking after Ellen in the afternoon have written about our outing in my other Journal. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansBirdwatchingDiary
Later Ellen and I were sitting in the kitchen and she asked me if I could do a handstand silly me said of course.  I got up OK after a couple of attempts but my arms gave way and I landed very heavily on my head. Boy did it hurt and saw stars too. Teach me to think I could do the things I used to do no bother at all the years and my weight must be catching up.
Right, its now afternoon and I have been to the doctors again they summoned me about my HRT and the results of my blood test from last week. Everything was OK but cholesterol is a bit high 5.9 so I have been given Statins to take to try to bring it down.  We then went for coffee to a new coffee shop on the side of the loch and sat outside its a wonderful place the view is spectactular as today the loch is like a mill pond. I met someone I used to work with and stood chatting to her and managed to fall off the step and hurt my shoulder talk about not being my week and honest I had not been drinking but may take to it soon if this keeps up LOL. So on the whole an eventful time for me and I will no doubt have another beautiful bruise tomorrow.  No gardening programs tonight what a disappoinment that is, as I always enjoy them on Friday for some reason or other, think it stems back to when we were working in the bad old days.  Love

                                          

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joan isnt it sad, we think we still have the skills we had as young things ,I think the secret is to carry on thinking ,but dont try it ,it will only end in dissapointment and a sore head ,bless you for trying for Ellen though ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You sound like me Joan; I fall over when I am sober, never when I have had a few drinks!!! Hope your head is better, and yur shoulder!! I have never been able to do a handstand, mainly due to lack of confidence in my own arms, LOL!!! love Joanx

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Joan - I often think I must be stood on my head here - it's been chaos. Get a bottle of Witchhazel from the chemist, it's brilliant for bruises - better make that a bucket instead of a bottle - you're not safe to be let loose my friend. Keep laughing.
Lots of love Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to do a handstand. My grandaughter who is 8 tried last week when she was here and couldn't get her legs to go up either... just like me. my son then helped her up and she couldn't stay up.... sorry about your hitting your head but you did well I think. Have a good week end! Sandra

Anonymous said...

Oh Joan I am sorry you came to grief with your handstand ~ and then to fall off a step and hurt your shoulder ~ hope the bruises arn't too bad ~ good for you though having a go and showing Ellen they way "not to do it"  ~lol  ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

What are you like?! Handstands....landing on your head and falling off steps! I think you should stay sat down all weekend!! I love that foxglove pic! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Wow! used to love doing Handstands...but wouldn't attempt it now!
very brave of you for trying....
Did miss the Gardening, but guess what Monty & Co were in Sheffield today..Plant Exchange. I couldn't go as it started at 3.00pm.
I have been on Statins for quite some time.
Love
Aileen...X

Anonymous said...

just dropped in to wish you a great  weekend...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Hi , I can't believe you do handstands.lol..Must try it...but as we get older we don't realize that our minds overtake what our bodies can really do.I keep thinking that I will start 'show jumping' again, but I don't think my fall would be quite as painless as it was years ago,Sure I would break an arm or a leg...but I really want to try again, just to prove I can...and we are NOT old!
Rach.xxxx