Saturday 4 August 2007

Sunny windy Saturday.

Good Afternoon,what a busy week this has been we have never had a moment all week. I wonder where we got time to work. Monday we had our usual trip to St Andrews which was bustling  getting ready for the Women's Open Golf  tournament which is on this weekend. They have been very fortunate with the weather according to Stuart who has been watching. Tuesday we had  Ellen for the day that was fun as we tried to play badminton in the garden but the wind was just too much and kept blowing the shuttlecock everywhere but onto our rackets. Wednesday we did our weekly shop in Perth did not buy anything if I remember rightly just food. Thursday we met up with our old friend and had a day at Fife Ness bird watching but what I am about to say might sound strange but the weather was too good and all was very quiet. If the sea is calm the birds fly farther out and you cannot see them well you need a bit of sea mist will try again in a week or so as the Autumn migration is just  starting .Friday I had an appointment with the dentist for an impression for a my partial denture the one I have is so worn it has a hold in it ha ha. Today at last I was able to sit out with my book and managed to finish it. Oh how I love a hard back book instead of a paperback it just feels so much better in you hand and the type is always nice and clear. Think that's about it for now hope you have a lovely weekend. Love
                                          
Joan.
Have updated my Book Journal just one entry today as I managed to get it up to date last week.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/joans-musings-book-journal./

Thank you Donna for the perfect graphic for today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you have had a nusy week.  I finished "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" last Sunday, and have nearly finished the next one in the series.

Have a good weekend.
Leigh :o)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

It`s been a busy week for me too Joan, but I`ve been neglecting my own book. I must say I agree with you about hardback books, they almost seem easier to read. What a pity they cost so much to buy. :o(  Have a lovely weekend. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan ,Iv'e been out all day it's been beautiful here.A little breezy now back home on the front, but a very warm breeze,just sat watching the holiday makers pass by.Came ina nd made  our tea and come online to catch up a little before I watch The childrens ballroon dance program.I have had a busy birthday week too with lots of company and it tired me out.I am happy to hear you finished the book.I don't do much reading but I will probably buy a good book to take on my hols and read on the flight.It's such a long jouney to USA.I will have to look in your new journal before I go and se what I fancy LOL!!Sorry the conditions wern't right for your bird watching .Maybe next time.Have a lovely Sunday. Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We had a lovely day here yesterday as well.  I am enjoying the warmer temperatures and the glorious sunshine!  Hopefully it will stay for a bit!  we havn't many birds in the garden these days, mostly sparrows and tits and the odd robin and Jenny wren.  The peacocks seem to have migrated, which is good. They were a noisy lot!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

font is a tad small for my eyes!

Anonymous said...

Joan I couldn't open this one yesterday ~ but success today ~ I have been watching the womens golf they have been lucky with the weather ~ and just finished watching the Car racing ~ which was brilliant ~ sounds like you have been busy ~ hope when you go to Fife Nest the weather won't be so good so you get to see the birds ~ hope your weekend is going well ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan you have had a busy week, weather here is beautiful at the moment and I hope it contiue now while the children are off school. Its great getting outside a bitand having some freash air. Good luck in reading the next book. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Tiny font ...You have had a busy week ,I bet you had fun the day you had Ellen in spite of the wind ,Im loving your book review site ..love Jan xx