Friday 21 April 2006

Chi Chi Chi Chi I Love You Very Much

                                         

Thank you all for having a go at guessing who I was in the picture. All got it right and was the only one yes I was Carmen Miranda. I made the headdress myself out of a elasticated valance and stitched on all the plastic fruit I had a great time doing it. When I was a little girl I had a bracelet with a charm on it of the lady herself, don't know how I remember this as I was only about 3 at the time but I can still see the bracelet in my minds eye. I went onto the net yesterday to look for a picture of her and found her website and there she was singing away. She has been dead for over 50 years and is still very famous in Brazil. Me, well I have put on a few pounds well more that a few but that's high blood pressure for you and HRT but will keep trying to get them off again. So its off for my porridge and a coffee. Have an nice day. Love

                                               

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I I I I I I think your grand!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Every one but ,what fun ,and it cost me a shilling lol ...we did such fun things then didnt we ? lovely ! Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glamorous you!!  Hrt and high blood pressure...me too...is that why I have put on so much weight. ??....plus ofcourse I stopped smoking some years ago which didn'thelp!  Eve

Anonymous said...

Hi, great entry, don't worry too much about the weight, you know you will have good and bad days.I want to get strict because lost nothing and yet that does happen.HRT makes you look young, wish I could have had it but doc says no.
Love the pic...makes you want to dance,......
Rach.xxx

Anonymous said...

iiiithink you're very nice iiii think you're grand lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  Oh dear I was completely wrong as usual!  I don`t know anything about Carmen Miranda but I think she was a bit before my time. Not many people are by the way...lol!  I never gave it a thought that HRT was responsible for my weight gain...now I know!  I`m going back to have a look at the photos again. Have a lovely weekend. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Isn't it strange how we remember things from way back in such detail, I remember my twin dolls pram I got when I was three, every scratch and mark on it. Porridge is good for your arteries and high blood pressure, I've never had HRT but know a lot of people on it who put on weight. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic in that photo :-)