Tuesday 18 April 2006

This and That and Goldfish Bowls.

Good evening very late for me to do an entry tonight but Stuart is watching the football and Holy is finished so I thought I would take this opportunity to do my journal as it is a few days since I last said a word or ten. First of all thank you all for wishing me better from this cold it is much better now and on the way out thank goodness. Had a phone call this afternoon saying that my new blind is ready and will be fitted tomorrow. I am delighted at that news as these last two weeks it has been like living in a goldfish bowl, everybody that walks past seems to look in, I been out to the pavement and you really cannot see in if the lights are not on but it does not seem to make any difference they still look. I have felt like waving to them sometimes in fact one of my neighbours who is known for her nosiness waved in as she passed. We have always had a blind on that window for that reason but we have had to wait till this one was ready as Stuart did not want to put the old one up again and make extra holes in the new window frame. We went for a run in the car yesterday and I must admit the countryside is at last coming to life.  Everywhere we went it was daffodils and more daffodils and some blossom trees all looking spectacular in the sunshine. Today up in Perth the beautiful Weeping Willows were just coming out I did take pictures of them but deleted them by mistake silly me will try again next time were are up in Perth I think that's about all my musing for tonight so I will goodnight and God Bless. Love

                                      Joan.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting your blind, love the little graphic. Well, I used to be guilty as well. If I walked past a window that was lit up and no blinds or curtains I could never resist looking in, not nosiness just curiosity.  I guess it is in all of us.  

Pity you deleted those pictures but look forward to them another time.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling a little better m'dear.
I put voile curtains up in my living room just last week so that people can't see in anymore, not that many could, but I was getting a bit of a goldfish bowl feeling!  I'm sure your blinds will look fab, and you'll have your privacy back which will be lovely :o)  Fancy your neighbour waving in at you like that!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Joan I have to admit I look in windows as I walk along a street ,and its possible to see in ,nosy ?yes I probably am lol ...or maybe Its a habit I picked up checking my residents were ok !!!.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad the cold is finally on it's last legs ;-)  I think it's just a gut reaction when you see a window you must look into it.  I probably would I'm ashamed to admit if I was one of your neighbours but the cheek of that woman to wave lol

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your cold is going. Yes, it looks like spring is finally arriving with all the flowers and trees in bloom; not a day too soon!! Look forward to seeing some pics when you take some more. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel like you are in a goldfish bowl.... it must be hard to relax that way... I bet tomorrow and the blind man can't come soon enough. Happy to hear your cold is getting better. I'm trying to take good care of myself so mine leaves fast too. Hope you have a nice evening, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Love your little goldfish bowl .    Glad to hear your cold is getting a little better.  I know what mean by living in a fishbowl, that's the way I feel when we leave the motorhome front window curtains open.   Everybody has to take a peek as they go bye.  To bad about your deleted photos.     Dawn

Anonymous said...

Joan glad your cold is getting better ~ Hope they come nice and early to fit your blind ~ had to laugh at that neighbour waving at you ~ apart from her I would think the others were admiring it as it looks so good ~ Everwhere is starting to look like Spring with the blossoms all coming out ~ shame about you deleting your pictures ~ but at least the tress will still be there on your next visit ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  I`m pleased to hear that you feel much better now.  I can understand you being annoyed with people looking in the window.  I would do away with net curtains if it wasn`t for the same reason.  At least now your neighbour won`t be able to see you to wave!  What a pity about the weeping willows, I`ll bet they were lovely too. :o(

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

By now your Blinds should be fitted? hope you like them.
I like 'my privacy' too... clever Graphic.Glad you are feeling better too.
Aileen....X