Thursday 20 April 2006

The ladies Club.

                        

                                    

Good Afternoon everybody, sorry if I have had your alerts going crazy but have had a bit of trouble with this old picture.  In the 70's and 80's I was a member of a Ladies Club in the new town where we used to live. There was not a lot to do in these times and the ladies club was very popular. We had talks, quizzes, outings and parties etc.. We had great fun and the last I heard it was still going strong.  Great fun was had at some of our events and the picture above is a Halloween party. This is just a few of 'The Ladies' all dressed up for our party. I am in the picture, but I am not going to tell you which one is me. I want you to guess. I remember another time I went dressed in my wedding dress with added bows as Little Bow Peep oh! the memories. I was surprised when I thought of the dates I was looking for it just does not seem that long ago to me. Maybe calling ourselves ladies is a bit dating but you could not call it a 'persons club' could you? I served on the committee for many years and finally became Club President but it was a great confidence builder which stood me in good stead later in life. Don't think I could get up and speak in public now but I did enjoy it back then.

Today has been a rainy day here but I think the garden will have been glad of the drink as we have had this very drying wind these last few days. Well I think I had better go now and see what we are going to have for our tea, this entry has taken me ages to do and the time has just flown by. Hope you all have a great evening don't know what we will watch tonight as I don't see much on maybe we will have to watch a DVD or a tape.  Bye for now.

Graphic thanks to D's Design & Cab Creations.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is you in the long blue dress ~ Ladies club sounded like fun ~
and as it is still going strong it must be good ~ we have had rain on and off ~ the weather just don't seem to be able to make it's mind up ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I really can't tell without your glasses which one you are... is it the one in the short white dress???? :) Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sounds alot of fun ,I agree with Ally the' Lady ' in the long blue dress is that you ?..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I thought you might be the 'lady' in the long blue dress too :o)
Your club does sound like fun!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Is it you showing your leg off lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Carmen Miranda lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

If I pay another sixpence can Iget another go ,Is that you in the little white number ,I think it is ,the cheeky little smile looks familier!...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,

Are you the schoolgirl?   They`re all very fetching outfits. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Yet another sixpence are you the monk!!lol ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think it is you in the short white dress!  Thank you for sharing memories.  We only had a little drizzle here and with the drought we urgently need a downpour.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Second guess - is it you in the blue and white dress?  I am no good at these guessing games lol
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,   Aha!  I`m sure it`s you in the little white dress...as a fairy perhaps???  I`ve studied your photos and I`m as sure as I`ll ever be. :o)

Sandra xxxx

PS:  Knowing me I`ll still be wrong...lol! :o)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmm...........I think I've narrowed it down to 3 people lol........I'm so useless at these things ;-)  Hope your feelin' ok xx

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself back in those days

By for now,

John.