Monday 3 April 2006

More plants for free.

                                  

Good Afternoon, lovely day up here for a change sun has been shining most of the day but there is still that cold North Westerly wind but still at least it is dry.  Stuart was out in the garden this morning for a wee while.  We had a Holly tree growing in front of the lounge window that had self seeded and we wanted to save it before the workmen come on Wednesday, as we wanted to try and grow it in a pot. So that done he had a fine potter around while I was tidying up in the kitchen so it surely must not have been too cold as Stuart cannot stand the cold these days with all the tablets he takes to keep his blood thin. After lunch, gee I have kept him busy today, I got him to remove a false window sill we had built along the floor in the lounge that will not be of any use once the new window goes in.  There were quite a few dead spiders at the back of it but being dead they did not scare Stuart as he has a thing about spiders.  It would be lovely if we could get the grass cut but the ground is far to wet at the moment I think there was a lot of rain here last week when we were away. Back again Stuart just call me down that was the rain on and I had a washing out so we had to run out, me and my big mouth saying the sun was shining. I will say bye for now am going down to watch last weeks Desperate Housewives we taped it while we were away. Have a nice evening. Love

                             

Sara made this sig for me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the Holly Tree survives its move and does really well in its pot.  Dead spiders, well at least they cannot run up your arms or legs!  What a pretty graphic

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER  lovely picture that Stuart didnt paint lol ,Idont mind spiders ,if you want to live ,and thrive let a spider run alive ?Yes April is liveing up to its name with the showers ,you dash out to rescue your washing ....and it stops , good luck with the holly bush /plant .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The painting is so pretty!  Did you get the wash in in time ? My lines are down because of repair work and will probably not be back for awhile yet... I sure do miss hanging out. Hope the sun is shinning for you again... it is starting to peek through here now but is very windy... isn't it supposed to be "March" winds.... any way hope you are having a nice afternoon or is it evening already. the days go so fast. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Joan I just love the paintings you are using ~ they really are very pretty ~ Hope your little holly tree survives the move ~ and that washing was dry when you got it indoors ~ Enjoy your TV ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Love the picture and the tag Joan. Hope your washing was dry. Take care.
Sylvia xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan, these April showers seem to come from nowhere and usually when I`ve put my washing out too! :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Stuart has been busy!! Lucky he's retired or he wouldn't have time to go to work! Have a good week, hope the double glazing installation goes well. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Very cold here -again, but wonderful Sunshine.
Hope the 'work' is going to plan...
Desperate Housewives just gets better (if you like that sort of thing)..glad you didn't miss any!
Aileen...X

Anonymous said...

Shame the sunshine didn't last for you - it's been beautiful down here :-)  I have a thing about spiders and it's a good job Stuarts not in my flat I know of a couple that are hanging around and I can't get rid of them ugh!!  lol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife