Monday 31 December 2007

With best Wishes for the coming Year.

                     

Good evening I am not going to write an entry philosophising on the year’s passing as all the more competent writers have already done so suffice to say thank you all for visiting my journals and commenting, it gives me great pleasure reading your thoughts and advice. I do enjoy reading all your news and hope to do so in the coming year.

We have been out and about today it was very mild with a bit of rain later on but is was nice to get out for some air. Stuart seems to be a bit better today so hopefully his Sciatica has running out of steam.

Last night we sat down to watch ‘The Shadow in the North’ hoping it would be as good as ’ The Ruby in the Smoke.’ As the titles started to roll at the beginning I noticed that the author was Philip Pullman and I said to Stuart I thought that was the name of the author of ‘The Golden Compass’ the film of that book has been making great headlines this Christmas. I checked up today and I was right it is one and the same person. There are two more in the series so hopefully BBC will make them to as it is so refreshing to see something different on the box.

It seems strange not to be cleaning the house from top to bottom today but I gave up that custom a few years back when I had to work all day in the supermarket, I did a bit yesterday and will tidy round later what’s the point as there will be nobody coming and we will be in bed before the bells anyway. I’m afraid my days of staying up till midnight are long past. Changed days when we would have had a big crowd all night.

Hogmanay is not one of my favourite nights of the year I can get very depressed, and I feel that I am writing myself into a corner here so I will stop now and just wish you all A Happy New Year from Stuart and myself. Till next year. Love Joan.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Joan and Stuart and my 2008 bring you nothing but good.
Take care
love
Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

take care it's not the time of year it once was.........

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to and yours.          Dawn

Anonymous said...

A very Happy New Year to you and Stuart Joan.  Todd and I went to see the Golden Compass the other day and I have to say I was rather dissappointed in it.  Sure the special effects were fantastic, but other than that I felt it was quite a boring film.  It didn't seem to have much of a story and left me feeling a bit bewildered.  Mind you I dozed off quite a bit during it off and on so perhaps I missed something integral, I dunno!  I came away feeling my money would have been better spent seeing something else.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Dear Joan, Happy New Year to you and Stuart.  May 2008 be filled of wonderful things for you both.  Moving on to other things, I had read Phillip Pullman's "Dark Materials" trilogy, which is another name for "The Golden Compass".  I have not seen the movie yet.  I also enjoyed his "Sally Lockhart" books.  I find the dramas quite thrilling, starring Billie Piper.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

A Very Healthy Happy New Year Joan to you and Stuart ,I too watched Shadow of the North and enjoyed it ,Blie Piper played her part so well ,I saw she got married yesterday to the fellow who was Lewis's side kick .wasnt it ? ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Joan Happy New Year to you both  ~ hope it will be a good one ~ glad Stuart is feeling a bit better ~ hope that continues ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I agree Joan, New year always make me sad.......strange when it should make us excited at the prospect of new things. Last night had to be our worst ever new years gig......such a miserable crowd would be hard to imagine, but they exist and are alive and well in Luton!!!  Hope 2008 brings you all you wish for, love Joan

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good new years eve :o)  You are welcome for the comments ~ you keep writing and I'll keep reading xx  My mate wanted to watch that Philip Pullman programme but she forgot all about it ~ she loves his books.  Silly girl

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife