Thursday 24 August 2006

Butterflies Bees and Plans for Tomorrow.

                                        

                     

          Good Morning, have not had the best start today my hairdryer blew up in hand as I was drying my hair. It must have been loud as Stu heard it in the shower. My hand is not to bad now but it did char it and leave a blister. I did not get any warning that this might happen as the dryer was still in good condition. Never mind no real harm done other than the blister is on the pad of my hand that sits on the gel pad on the mouse mat.  My Buddlia is out in full bloom just now and covered in butterflies bees hover flies and not forgetting wasps.  We have had Red Admiral, Painted Lady, Peacock, Small Tortishell and Small White. A good selection for a small garden. Well, tomorrow Stuart and I are going to take the plunge and use our bus passes for the first time and have a day in our capital city Edinburgh.  We are planning to get the 8-40 am from the end of the road so we will have to be up with the lark. We had planned to go in July but the weather was so hot we did not want to go trailing about in the heat of a big city. Will take my camera and try to get some good shots. The Festival is on just now so don't know what we will see.  I am embarrassed to say I have never been to Edinburgh during the Festival.  When Stuart was working and travelling back and forward every day the last thing he wanted to do was to go back at the weekend. It will be great for him tomorrow as I don't think he has ever been driven over the Forth Bridge he has always been driving so he will get to see all the sights over the water we may even be lucky and see a big cruise linen as they dock often in the Forth. Was feeling very pleased with myself last night as I managed to get a level of game done that I have been stuck on for weeks and weeks so at last I will be able to move forward. I actually sat here and cheered myself silly old me.  Will say bye bye for now and go and see about some lunch.  Have agood day sun is out and the sky is blue up here hope it is for you too.  Love,

                                             
                               

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six buddlias later we ahve given up on them - we don't seem to have the right conditions at all up high here.................


Edinburgh.......................come on Glasgow is more fun!

Anonymous said...

I plan to try and grow a buddlia ,love butterflys ,was nice chatting to you today ,sorry when you had to  go ,hope your hand is less painful now ,looking forward to pictures of auld reekie ,..,.,.,.,., Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  Ouch, your poor hand, I hope it`s not too sore.  I`ll bet you jumped when the hairdryer blew up!  I hope you enjuoy your trip to Edinburgh, I don`t blame you using your bus passes, let someone else do the driving for a change.  I`m looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing all about it. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Loved your Graphic Joan ~ Hope that burn isn't too sore ~ it must have made you jump when your hairdryer bew up ~ We have a Buddlia and only seem to have white butterflies round it at the moment plus hover flys and bees ~ Hope you enjoy your day out to Edinburgh and enjoy the Bus ride ~ look forward to seeing any photographs you tae ~ well done on being able to move forward with your game ~ wish our sky was blue Joan it is grey and raining at the moment ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope the Hand is less painful now....bet it made you jump!
Enjoy your day at Edinburgh...ages since I was there.
We have a lovely sunny Day, and quite warm. Lots of love...
Aileen....X

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow in Edinburgh and you take lots of pictures to share with us. So sorry to hear about your hand. I have never had a dryer do that and now I wonder how I can stop it from happening. You should take it back no matter when you got it and tell them what happened I think. That should never have happened. Hope your day is going much better now. Sandra

Anonymous said...

That could have been terrible, you could have had an electric shock.  Thank God it was a char and a blister but that must be painful.  Can you still take it back to where you bought it?  I hope you have a lovely day out in Edinburgh. I have never been there full stop.  Would love to go over the castle and walk those historic streets but not the haunted graveyard, cannot remember the name.  Looking forward to your piccies, hope the weather is good to you.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hope your hand's alright now - must've been quite nasty you poor thing :(  LOL well done you for reaching the new level on your game don't blame you for cheering that's what I usually do!!  Hope you have fun in Edinburgh - I've never been so I shall look forward to seeing your pics xx

Anonymous said...

hi Joan...

hope your hand will soon be better...I have a Buddilia, mine is purple, it looks nice when in bloom,but they don't last long...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

That's so weird Joan, this morning I was drying my hair and I suddenly recalled how a hairdryer burst into flames in my hand when I was twelve years old! I'd never thought of it for many years, must be a bit of telepathy going on here! I hope the burn isn't too bad aand will soon be better. Cheer as loud as you like when you reach new levels on your game, I do! I look forward to seeing some pics of Edinburgh. Jeannette xx