Sunday 6 August 2006

Sunday Part 2 (Well done Jenson.)

                                   

 

Congratulations to Jenson Button on winning the Hungarian Grand Prix. It has been a long time coming for Jenson he has driven well over 100 races without a win so this one will be very sweet.  It was one of the best races I have seen for a long long time in fact it was like old times. I even dug out the original music from Fleetwood Mac to celebrate the occasion (the music the BBC used to play at the start of a Grand Prix).  Seemingly it is three years since we have had win so we can only hope it is the start of a feast.  This must be a good track for the British drivers as Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell both won here.  So that's it for today hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday and again well done Jenson.      Love

                                     

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is brilliant that Jenson Button won and well done to him ~ Dick always said he would come out top ~ let us hope it is the start of something big for him ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Maurice has been watching ,I liked the way ,he knocked the hat off the other guy during the national anthem .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It was stunning - a fabulous race - missed the podium unfortunately...........but hope to catch that on the highlights

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  I`m so pleased that Jenson has won a grand prix at last.  I remember watching Damon Hill win his first race in Hungary and he went on to become World Champion.  Will Jenson go on to do the same I wonder? :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of him but I take it he's British?! Well done anyway! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Mike started to watch the Grand Prix (he is a big fan of that) but then the family arrived and he had to turn it off.  When I came to your journal I just said to him, guess who won the race.  He guessed at several names but all wrong.  When I told him Jenson, he said "Blimey, first time he has ever won"!  Well done Jenson.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/