Thursday 17 August 2006

A Tale of two Bedcovers.

                 

Good Afternoon, do you remember a few week ago we bought new twin bed and I was to get free duvet covers etc with them well here is the sorry tale.  When we bought the beds the bedding I choose was out of stock and would not be back in for two and a half weeks so we decided to have the beds delivered minus the bedding. We went out and bought two single duvet covers to give us something to change with.  The due date 12th August came and went (last Saturday) and I was very good and waited till Monday to phone.  'The bedding you ordered has been delisted could you please come in and choose another pattern.'  On Tuesday we set of 14miles to the store and selected another pattern.  We will post them out to you by the end of this week to save you coming back in again drove 14 miles back home. Today phone rings your bedding is now in if you would like to collect it, did not want to take the chance of it never appearing so we said we would be through in about an hour or so.  Drove 14 miles to store went in explained what we were there for  assistant did things on his PC and set off for the store room. Back he came looking blank did more things to PC still could not find the items.  I remembered that I had spoken to Andy and asked if he was about and was told he was outside I and then said maybe we should speak to him.  I went out and got him and he speed off to the  storeroom, back he came with one cover he reckoned the other had been sent back in error.  By this time I was about a bursting point and with my BP anything is possible.  He then said I will let you choose any pair we have in store.  To cut a very long story shorter I eventually got two duvet cover matching a bit darker than I would have chosen but I did not want to have to traipse back and forward anymore. Seemingly I have received better value than I should have had in the cover I got.  drove the 14 miles home again.  we are not talking about a small store here we are Talking  about 'The Bed Shed Europe's' biggest bed superstore. Not having the best of day anyway today as something seriously has gone wrong with Stuarts tax and not to our benefit.  Have to go as I have a few errand still to run today.  It was nice to chat this morning hope to do it again tomorrow.   Love    

                                                      

       

                                             

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see the pictures of your new bedding... sorry about their mistake... I hate when things like that happen. I hope you grow to like them just as much though... Sandra

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you would be showing us pictures of your duvet covers ~ what a palaver glad they eventually let you pick two from stock ~ Andy probably realised you were not a happy pair having driven all the way there Tuesday then again Wednesday ~ for what the Petrol cost to get there and home that many times I think you deserved a better pair of Duvets ~ hope you sort Stuarts tax's out ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

oh dear what a  lot of bother............................sigh feel for you

Anonymous said...

I do not know what is wrong with shops over here nowadays. All the traipzing and the expense of petrol. I am so glad you got it sorted in the end and you did get some covers.  Maybe a piccie?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Always something.  I think you were smart to take them from the store rather to go through that again.     Have a good weekend.     Dawn              A Couple of Nomads

Anonymous said...

That's awful, I'm glad you ended up with something even though it wasn't what you wanted. I would never shop there again if I were you, bet you don't need to be told that! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan, you must have been furious with the store, they should have given you a couple more duvet covers as a goodwill gesture after all your traipsing about.  What is it with the service in shops nowadays?  It always surprises me when I get GOOD service!  :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I would have been so mad.  Hope your having a great day

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

I hate days like that!
-Kellen

Anonymous said...

best wishes...
Astra!

Anonymous said...

No wonder you was cross Iwould have ,been never mind you got them in the end ,goodjob you went to collect them though ,waiting for them to post them to you ,would have challenged them......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,
Thank you for your comment on my journal - hope my daughter's school day brought back happy memories. I popped over to your journal to say thanks and I noticed that we are practically neighbours. I live in Monifieth near Dundee, though I am an Irish woman. I loved your photos from Fife Ness. I think the east coast is beautiful, and definitely drier than the west, although tonight it is bucketing down. Have a lovely weekend in spite of your bed woes,
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/