Tuesday 15 August 2006

The East Coast 2nd version.

I thought I had my entry for today all planned out in my head then I read Specimans Days  entry and thought what am I going to write now.  My Stuart and I had a lovely day out yesterday we did our usual Monday shopping in St Andrews but as it was just after two o'clock when we got back to the car we thought we would have a run to Fife Ness the farthest east point in Scotland. It is a great migration point for the birds and we do visit it in the Autumn a lot but today it was just to sit by the water and watch the waves lash in.  It was the most beautiful day with the blue sky  the blue sea and the white waves breaking over the rocks.  There is no beach at 'The Ness' just the rocks and load of seabirds.  As it is not far from The Bass Rock there are Gannets flying up and down all the time and at this time of year the young ones are flying in the middle of the adult birds. I know the east coast if not as rugged or as beautiful  as the west coast but it does have it good points we are not so wet for a start but I will not open up the east west devide here.   Will  have to go now we did have a great day even if it was on the East Coast.  Love


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!! Good job Rob is not here when I read it, LOL!!

Anonymous said...

lovely photos Joan!


Oh we do  need to keep Dundee for the Sunday Post and The Broons!! ;))

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely Joan ,sorry I jumped the gun earlier ,just a joke lol ....I loved you pictures ,made me yearn for the sea/coast,even if our Eastcoast is lower down than yours,still all the things I said ,..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan
the photo's are great, it looks like it could get pretty wild along that coast, lovely. Can you tell me how you put the hitcounter onto the blog, I went onto amazing counters after you recommended them but was stumped when it came to actually adding it on, all I got was a long list of instructions and not the counter that I chose, so I gather I'm doing something wrong and I have been trying for the past week to get my aol one to work but I think it's gone on strike lol, if you would be so kind as to explain to me you can either leave me a comment or email me on kerryjayne39@aol.com, thanks
Kerry

Anonymous said...

I love the coast there, it's very wild and pretty! Gannets are beautiful birds ( I have to say that as the spellchecker always wants to change my name to Gannet!). I bought some strawberries this week that were grown in Fife. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful day out.  The photos are great, thank you for sharing them with us.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,  I`m glad you had a lovely day out.  What a beautiful coastline you have in your part of Scotland, I could sit there all day watching the waves roll in. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Joan I know I say it everytime but I just love pictures of your coastline they are beautiful ~ and we get to learn about the birds as well ~ glad you had a lovely day ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi! Joan...on my first holiday in Scotland we travelled 1500 miles, up the West coast and down the East. Always have to visit Pitlochry (previous post)...but very busy....
Aileen...X

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Joan, looks like you had a great day and it looks so relaxing looking at these pics too...take care!

Astra!