Tuesday 22 August 2006

Remember remember

Good Evening, I know I'm very late tonight but we have had Ellen today since 8-30 till 6 so by the time we wave bye bye and have our tea its after 7. Ironing to do then Holby to watch so here I am at last.  When Ellen and I were playing in the garden this afternoon I got to thinking about what we played at when I was little.  We did not have any expensive PCs or Playstations electric scooters etc. we could pass away a day with a ball or a skipping rope (which was a piece of old washing line) Do you remember ladies well the more mature ones how a game with a ball against a wall could last all day taking it in turn or playing jumps don't know what you called them down south but one person on each end of a big rope and everybody else jumping in and out, great fun the cost nothing.  We passed our local swimming pool on Saturday when we were out walking and I know I'm a bit behind the time but do you know that it is £3-20 for a half hour swim. Nothing fancy just a swim. I could not quite believe it. At the moment I just can't comprehend today's prices its as if I have been asleep for about 20 years or so.  Well, I think that's about it for today my eyes are going together so time for supper and bed.  goodnight and may your God be with you.   Love

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes and hopscotch ,and conkers and whips and tops oh and cartwheels lol ,oh bless you dear you took me back to some happy times ,.,.,.,.Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I remember being the headstand champion at school, I could spend all the dinner hour on my head! I liked going off on my Mobo scooter or Jacko roller skates! If it rained we'd sit indoors playing Ludo, Snakes and Ladders or Blow Football till our cheeks ached!! Those were the days! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

hi joan...

I often think of the old days and how we were then...best wishes and take care!


Astra!

Anonymous said...

When I was younger I spent more time out on my bicycle than anything else.  Because I lived in the country it was so much fun to go for a ride and explore and make camps :-)  Kids these days need to do more stuff like that!!

Anonymous said...

I remember jumping rope for hours and playing jacks and roller skating on the side walks and riding my bike when I got a bit older and finally got a bike to ride.... we played so many fun games then .... too bad the kids now don't know that kind of fun and exercise isn't it.... thanks for the nice memories, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Lovely memories Joan ~ Roller skating out to the country on our bikes (Lot less traffic in those days) skipping playing Ball ~ seems like they are all things children don't do these days ~ pity though it was all such fun ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I remember the girls palying that ball game - skirts tucked into knickers!

Anonymous said...

I do not think that you are behind the times with the prices.  It is difficult to keep track of prices as they seem to go up so often.

By for now,

John.

Anonymous said...

We had a better quality childhood in those days; And it's true - the best things in life did come free - including "scrumping" apples from a nearby abandoned orchard, they tasted better than those from my dad's greengrocery shop, probably because we didn't bother to wash them. Keep laughing.
Love Sylvia xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!  I accidentally came across this site.  Here in the office we were discussing our childhood & I became all starry eyed remembering my much loved Mobo scooter!!  It was my pride & joy, along with a dear little black doll that I named Boko!  As others have commented, those were the days....... children these days need all the latest gadgets to enjoy themselves.  If only we could turn the clock back, I am sure the world would be a much better & happier place for everyone!  (I MUST BE OLD HA HA!).