Wednesday 9 August 2006

Swallows.

All my own work.

Hi not having the best of weeks feeling very tense so that's why I have been so quiet but hopefully it will be better soon.  Monday we were up in Perth  not our normal day but as we wanted to go to the Tay estuary on Wednesday we had to change it because of the tide. If you don't get there at the right time it is a waste. Yesterday we had Ellen for the day.  I had booked a telephone appointment with the doctor to discuss new pills she had given me, my appointment was for 11-30 am sat and waited till 12-30 and I phoned surgery to be told I had missed my appointment at 11-30.  the receptionist had booked me for an ordinary appointment not a phone one so that was the morning gone and we did not get out.  We had lunch and then went to Vane Farm the local RSPB reserve and had a walk, ice cream for Ellen and coffee for us.  While we were walking there is a tunnel under the main road and at last I have taken a good picture of birds instead of having to borrow.  In the tunnel a shelf has been erected and the swallows are nesting on it I think you will be able to see all the heads sticking out of the nest. There is also three nest at the entrance to the toilets all under cover so they will have been nice and cosy and dry.  Today after an early appointment at the dentist for me just of a clean and polish, we headed for the Tay Estuary and had a grand day even although the wind was about blowing us over.  So now its time for tea and a lazy evening. Bye for now  Love

                                                 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been tense lately dear horrible feeling ..hope you soon feel better ,lovely picture of the birds ,clever girl ,........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,

I`m sorry to hear that you`ve been feeling so down, it`s horrible when you feel like that.  I love the photo of the swallow family, what a place for a nest!  I hope you enjoy your lazy evening. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

The swallows are lovely Joan. I heard you have strong wind gusting up in Scotland today, heard it on the news! That must have been so annoying waiting for a phone call that never came! Hope you feel better soon. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I remember on Islay the swallow would gather on the very long phone wire outside our bedroom window just before they flew off

Two days ago we were watching about 20 odd swallows feeding about six inches off the the ground under the trees...........they were almost hitting us !!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better by the time you read this....I am still trying to catch up on alerts...lol.

Astra!