Monday 5 September 2005

Still trying for a remedy

   Hello J-landers,  you will have to stay with me on this wide page as I am waiting for a reply.   The help desk  thought  I  was cutting and pasting, you must be joking I can get in enough mess doing it the normal way.

     Have been out and about today.  Last spring I saw planters done with just Hyacynth and Tulips and they looked tremendous so I thought I would copy it for next spring.  I was having a bit of bother getting short stemmed Yellow Tulips but was successful eventually.  I thought the ones that grew to 22-24"would be too tall I wanted something about 14-16", so hopefully they will look good next spring as they have cost me a small fortune with the planters as well.  No doubt I will post pictures God willing.   It seems a long time till spring but if we do not plan now we will regret it next spring when the garden looks bare.  I will have to get busy with all the pots that have been resting behind the shed all summer, they have got all my dwarf Daffs etc in them.Had a really nice day with hubby but its time to go and see about something to eat for dinner. Bye Bye .

                                                          Joan.

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the help link I sent you - that person would sort you out in no time, the person is a real whizz at these sort of things.  Just cannot think about spring at the moment. Although my flowers are past their best, there is still so much colour I do not have the heart to rip them out.  
Please do try that link, you will not be disappointed.

Anonymous said...

got my catalogue for spring plants today.....that is asking for trouble, I don't think they give mortgages for plants!!!!

Anonymous said...

The HELP desk is just an ordinary AOL member like you! ;-)

Ok Just type you entries in and leave the RETURN key alone just type. Those extra spaces are being put in by the return key being hit. It only needs one dodgy entry to keep the whole journal wide until it falls off the  bottom. If you are feeling really brave you can got to your entries choose EDIT and choose HTML option instead of text adn take out all those HARD spaces you are putting in "&nbsp"

Anonymous said...

    <br clear="all"><P>&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello J-landers,&nbsp; you will have to stay with me on this wide page as I am waiting for a reply.&nbsp;&nbsp; The&nbsp;help desk &nbsp;thought&nbsp; I &nbsp;was cutting and pasting, you must be joking I can get in enough mess doing it the normal way.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Have been out and about today.&nbsp; Last spring I saw planters done with just Hyacynth and Tulips and they looked tremendous so I thought I would copy it for next spring.&nbsp; I was having a bit of bother getting short stemmed Yellow Tulips but was successful eventually.&nbsp; I thought the ones that grew to 22-24"would be too tall I wanted something about 14-16", so hopefully they will look good next spring as they have cost me a small fortune with the planters as well.&nbsp; No doubt I will post pictures&nbsp;God willing.&nbsp;&nbsp; It seems a long time till spring but if we do not plan now we will regret it next spring when the garden looks bare.&nbsp; I will have to get busy with all the pots that have been resting behind the shed all summer, they have got all my&nbsp;dwarf Daffs etc in them.Had a really nice day with hubby but its time to go and see about something to eat for dinner. Bye Bye .</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <EM><FONT size=4>Joan.</FONT&g

Anonymous said...

I have just made it go wider.
Do you see all those "&nbsp" bits that have been inserted?
Oh and this HELP desk is also Scottish, retired and interested in Birdwatching ;-)

Anonymous said...

Further investigation - it is over use of the space bar that is inserting "&nbsp"

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that with the help of our UKHostBks your journal is back to normal size :o)  Yay for the 'Help Desk'!
Sara   x