Wednesday 9 November 2005

A Cold Day.

Good afternoon friends, oh we did well but last night we had our first frost of the winter everything all white this morning and the temp. was 2.4c pretty cold. as the day progressed it picked up and the sun shone all day so really it was a lovely day for November.  We were up a Perth today to do our weekly shop and have a look round the stores.  The best window I saw for Christmas today was O2 the phone shop.  The store had put blue fibre optic lights across the the whole window very simple but it looked super.  Had a lot of good ideas for Christmas but did not do any purchasing today.  Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  I have two or three bits  and have started to gather together the ingreds for the Christmas cake as it will soon be time to make it. Will spend the evening on the computer tonight as Stuart is watching football ane I hate football.  Going to start knitting a scarf for Stuart for the winter so will have to hurry or it will be next winter but he has just asked me to do this.  Have just finished a blanket for my grand-daughter she asked me to knit her one when she saw me crocheting one for my next door neigbour's cat for Christmas don't laugh.  Will heve to go now and see about some food. Have a pleasant evening and take care. Love   

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not even thought about Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Like crocheting better than knitting  it always seem to grow faster...Bet your neighbours cat will be happy with his Christmas present....the O2 phone shop sounds very pretty - sometimes the simple things are the best...I've got a couple of Christmas presents - but have a long way to go yet...Some Jlanders have finished theres and even wrapped them - I am so envious....Ally

Anonymous said...

Like the other Joan, Joan (aniracj)Im afraid Ihavent done any thing about it yet either ,last year Imade a number of scarves using fluffy wool and fringe on them ,very popular ,cant do that again though lol  .........Jan  xx

Anonymous said...

It has been a nice day today hasn't it :-)  Probably means tomorrow won't be :-(  Oooooo that was cold wasn't it?? I'm glad I have my thick duvet to keep me warm LOL........Hope you get the scarf finished - nope I haven't done my xmas shopping

Anonymous said...

Started my Christmas shopping yesterday.  Do not have to bother about a cake or Christmas pudding because I cannot eat them anyway.  Hope your scarf goes well, I used to knit lots of them.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet, but should have most of it done before the end of November.  I hope, lol!!  I love seeing all the Christmas decorations around the shops, the shopping centre where I live usually has beautiful displays :o)  I'm sure the blankets and scarves will be very much appreciated, you clever thing!!
Sara   x