Friday 25 November 2005

Is it snow?

Good Morning, not a very nice one up here on Tayside. It has been trying to snow since about 8 o'clock this morning but it is not significant snow as yet and it is not lying.  It is windy and further north there is quite a lot of snow according to the Scottish News.  It has been a quick week hasn't it the time is just flying by just now its only a month today till Christmas.

Stuart has gone off to his last art class of the session and they will have non alcoholic wine and goodies all the ladies in his class bake and the men just bring themselves lucky them. We will be getting all the instructions for the exhibition today so we will know what is happening next week.  We have a lady someone opening the event will tell you all later. What to wear or rather what will I get into, not a lot I have the old favourite black skirt and a new top I bought in St Andrews a couple of weeks ago so that might do. This is when I really notice how much weight I have put on since I stopped work and stopped smoking as my dressier skirts and trousers have waste bands and not elastic tops. Oh well too late now to anything about it was the cry or do I go  and buy a bigger size. I find it very depressing as I have always been size 12-14 which I thought was not bad for my age.           Don't think we will be out today so will have to find something to do to occupy us maybe Bookworm we are in the middle of a game so we can perhaps burn down the library. Well I think I have rambled on long enough this morning so I will love you and leave you.

On dear me and my big mouth by the time I finished the above entry and walked downstairs the snow had come on heavy and is now lying thick on the ground that will teach me to say there is no snow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan I love reading your ramblings - "don't burn the library down today I want to get a book"...lol....It's trying to snow down here...Hope it is only going to stay a short time, so dangerous driving this weather...enjoy your day....Ally

Anonymous said...

Why do you think Ive gone back to dressmaking I found Ididnt fit all my size ten stuff !Im now a twelve ,or even a thirteen !!!lol ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Stay warm, my friend.  It's in the 80's here.    Dawn

Anonymous said...

I finished the 4th Harry Potter book for the 3rd time today, and am starting Michael Crichton's PREY today.  Nothing beats a good book on a frigid day...lazy....just want to be lazy....-Bing Crosby in Holiday Inn.
-Kellen
http://journals.aol.com/love2sing2007/FaithinRomanCatholicism

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you have snow, how lovely :o)
I don't like that it causes problems for so many, but it's sooo pretty!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

It's certainly a lot colder isn't it??  I hope you've managed to find something to wear for Stuarts exhibition :-)