Sunday 13 November 2005

The Weekend

                                                                          

 

 

  

Good Afternoon, We have had a really busy weekend.  The weather has been beautiful very cold but sunshine all the way. It has felt very much like the perfect winter weather the kind we all like.   We have been out and about all weeken.  Yesterday we went to St Andrew as you know this is one of our favourite places for a day out.  We did a bit of shopping bought a lovely new jumper for myself black which I really like with a nice neckline a sort of folded down polo neck which is what I like as I cannot stand being muffled up what with the dreaded hot flushings etc. After I spent all the pennies we had a trip down to the beach the above must have been what I looked like all wrapped up and did a bit of birdwatching which is always better up here in the winter.  Had late picnic lunch and watch the guys on these sand kites on wheels I don't know what they call them but they can move very fast over the sand. On our way home I took this picture and some others but a cable on a pylon was right across the middle I will have to remember to watch out for that in future but it was getting dark and I did not see it.

Today the weather was even better not a cloud in the sky but again very cold. Today is very special to us you maybe remember a couple of weeks ago I told you a bit about myself and left you when Stuart and I stared to go out together well the date was Friday 13th November 1959 so on my calculation thats 46years today and  never a cross word HAHA.  So being special what did we do we went birdwatching just for a change LOL.  Am going to say bye now and hope you all have had as good a weekend as I I have had.  Love

                                            

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had a very pleasant weekend and I like the photo.  Ah, fancy you remembering the exact day.  Never a cross word.  Are you sure???????lol

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your graphic.    Happy meeting day.    Dawn

Anonymous said...

Joan that picture is awesome....(So has Friday 13th been Lucky for you ever since)..  46 years is a good reason to celebrate and go bird watching. which we know you both love to do...Hope this coming week will be good for you...take care...Ally












Anonymous said...

A very happy aniversary of the day you met ,so pleased you were able to enjoy together what you both enjoy doing ,bird watching ,how lovely ,bless you both ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend :-)  Congratulations on the anniversary!!  

Anonymous said...

Aww, happy first date anniversary to you and Stuart :o)
Sounds like a lovely weekend, I love to watch those kite/surf board things, but I've never seen them do it on the sand before, with wheels.  Bet that was great to watch!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

AH..so Friday the thirteenth was lucky for you both.  Congratulations!
Eve