Thursday 10 November 2005

Out in the rain.

Good Evening, its been one of these days today with the rain off and on.  I had just hung out my washing the sun was shining and the rain came on. It went off again after a short time so I said I would walk round for a paper as Stu was busy just put my foot outside the door when down it came again.  When I got back I took in the washing and put it in the tumble drier.  My next outing was this afternoon a visit to the doctors just got in the car and down it came again crossing the car park at the surgery I got soaked and then again when i went to the chemist. Its just been one of those days every time I put my foot outside the door down the rain has come on  Well I'm in for the rest of the day so it can please itself now.   Had to go and have my blood pressure taken today and in the doctors words "For someone with high blood pressure it is within acceptable levels" makes me feel much better Ha Ha.  However I did get some ointment for the dry skin patches I get on my arms which does help.  Asked if I could have a flu jag but I am not old enough or in poor enough health but if I  phone on Monday I will be able to get a private script and pay for one. I think I will as had bad flu last winter, and I don't want it again this year. Will have to go now and get the kitchen tidied for the delivery of my new slimline dishwasher tomorrow fingers crossed. Goodnight and God Bless.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan, fingers crossed for you - hope the dishwasher arrives Undamaged....By the sound of it you have had a very wet day,  best thing you can do is stay indoors tonight....Just love you Graphic....wish my Dr looked like him.....Ally

Anonymous said...

This is the first year for ages I havent had a flu jab ,I qualified because I worked with the elderly ,who did the rain dance then ,we ll get em for you!........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hoping that your dishwasher arrives safely tomorrow in perfect working order :o)  You won't mind if it rains then, you'll be too busy playing with your new toy!  I was lucky today, and missed it every time.  It was probably heading off to give you another soaking ;o)  Glad your blood pressure was in the acceptable range.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the blood pressure's ok!!  I hated having mine checked they would always have to do it twice to get a fair reading ;-)  Don't think you should've stepped out today if it kept raining when you did LOL.......

Anonymous said...

We never had any rain here at all, dark and gloomy but no rain. My bp always goes sky high when I visit the doctors, I have "white coat Syndrome" so they make allowances.  Mike refused to have a flu jab this year.  He had one last year and caught the flu very badly three times, felt ill for months, he gave me the flu three times. I should have one being diabetic but apparently our surgery has finished doing them and has no more supplies. Will have to take my chances.   Love the graphic.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/