Thursday 24 November 2005

Thursdays Ramblings

          

         Hello J-land, I have been trying to get to the computer all day but other things seemed to keep cropping up. First of all I would like to wish everybody across the pond A happy Thanksgiving and hope you all have a lovely day. One friend described her day to me and it sounded excellent the are going to be over 25 people at her table.

I did not get an entry in yesterday as I was still suffering with my shoulder but I found a tube of muscle rub and some other kind of painkillers and that seems to have settled it down better today than goodness.

I will have to tell you of Stuarts adventure with his slippers.  While he was in hospital he was wearing slippers as one would.  He went to the toilet in his 6 bed ward and one of the gentleman in his ward aim was very array. Stuart did not notice this as he entered and he stood in the wee.  Now Stuart has a very short fuse at times and he was very annoyed came marching out of the loo and without a thought put his slippers in the bin. They were not new slippers but they were OK. Now this is where the problem could have started but that was the evening he got home, so he was OK in hospital till our son picked him up.  When he got home he told me the tail of the wet slippers but what could I do at 9 o'clock at night as he did not have a spare pair. Good wife that I am I let him borrow mine. Picture this until yesterday Stuart was wearing my blue cosy slippers with teddy bears on the from it looked really funny, now that I think of it I should have taken a picture to show you. Glad to say that if you are going to throw your slippers in the bin now is a good time to do this as the shops are full of them for Christmas. We actually got a pair no  bother at all for Stuart even with his small feet. Meant to start mm Christmas shopping for real yesterday but I just was not in the mood what with the shoulder and the horrible day that it was.  We have had a few flakes of snow here today but nothing really yet we will see what the morning brings and with that I will say Goodnight and God bless Love

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A picture of hubby in your slippers would have been great. Just looked out of the window and its a white wonderland here...looks so pretty from INSIDE the house in the warmth!  Hope your shoulder gets better soon.
Eve

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture Joan ,sat and looked at it for ages ,the moral of the story is ,if you fancy some new slippers and dont want to wait till Christmas.....get some one to pee in yours ......Seriously Idont blame Stuart for being annoyed ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Just had to laugh at Stuart in your slippers...very macho !!!! I can imagine how annoyed he must have been at having to bin his slippers...Make him put them on again and take a picture especially for us..lol....havn't had any snow yet Joan and hope we dont......Roll on the Spring.....warm weather I really miss that.....Ally

Anonymous said...

Haha, Funny slipper story.   It could have been worse if he had been wearing those hospital slipper soxs.  He would have had wee on his wee toes!  Hope your shoulder is getting better.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Poor slippers, and I felt sorry for mine being lost under the cuddle chair for a week!!  Glad Stuart has new slippers at last, and that you have your teddy bear slippers back ;o)  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the slipper story - I'm not surprised he chucked them away I think I probably would've done ;-)  I was thinking I should get a new pair, like those big furry boot thingys LOL......