Wednesday 2 November 2005

I am Too Old Fashoined.

Good Afternoon J-Land, cannot think to much to say today but I thought I would tell you of something that happened to us on Monday past.  We were out at the retail park to see about a new dishwasher and after we spent all these pennies +£38 -95 delivery and fitting to existing fittings we were in need of a Coffee.  There was a Brewers Fayre in the Retail  Park and we went in there. I have not been to one of their places before and I don't know if you have them round your way.  We sat down, the place was totally empty and looked around to see if anyone was serving or if it was self service.  Stu went off to see and I noticed a little leaflet on the table this is what it said........

'Please note down your table number and choice of meals on this slip. Take it with you and place your order and pay at the food till.

No pen or pencil was provided. I am maybe a bit old fashioned but I have never heard or seen this kind of ordering for food it was like going into Argos for a meal. Don't get me wrong the resturant was very nice clean and well layed out but I did not like this idea at all. When Stu arrived back he said he had disturbed the waitress from her ciggy and her coffee.Wonder where the manager was? One thing come Spring she won't be able to do the ciggy bit as our new law comes in about smoking in public places.  Oh dear would you know that its a ex smoker writing this. Well thats all for today have a good evening Love

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No I havent been into one of these places ,they dont appeal at all ,             Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this Joan, but it is not just Brewers Fayre restaurants do it that way, a lot of restaurants and pubs do it now; but I agree it is not how I like it either...too unfriendly and factory like!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Joan, I like a waitress to come to my table and take my order -  I expect they save money not having to pay waitresses - did you place an order, and was it good...did you have to wash up when you finished..lol.!!!!!!Ally

Anonymous said...

I don't get out much, lol, so I haven't been anywhere like that before.  It does sound like Argos doesn't it!!  I don't much like that your hubby had to disturb the waitress from her coffee and cigarette either - and that's from a smoker - that doesn't create a proffessional image does it?!
Sara   x